The Women's Studies Advisory Council (WOSAC) is a member-based community organization that promotes and supports the students, faculty and activities of the University of Arizona Gender and Women's Studies Department.
WOSAC raises funds and awareness to support and promote Gender and Women's Studies. Funds raised support:
- Research travel for graduate students as well as faculty
- Orientation events and airfare to the best and brightest Ph.D. recruits
- Collaborative events with like-minded campus and community groups to raise awareness on critical social issues
- Emergency funds to help students in crisis
WOSAC is proud to have almost 200 dedicated members and will always welcome more! Our membership includes business professionals, UA faculty members, students, medical and legal professionals, homemakers, artists, writers, and others from within and outside the Tucson community. If you care about Gender and Women’s Studies and want to be part of our successful future, you belong here.
In addition to the critical support WOSAC provides Gender and Women's Studies, WOSAC members also enjoy great benefits, such as:
- An exclusive, members only Book Group led by Gender and Women’s Studies or affiliated faculty.
- Salons and networking events that bring members together for informative talks as well as professional and social networking.
- An inside track for department updates and the exciting research projects conducted by Gender and Women’s Studies Ph.D. students.
Support Gender and Women’s Studies DONATE NOW!
Questions? Conact Leigh Spencer, WOSAC Program Coordinator, (520) 621-5656 or email@example.com